Horizons is open to all stage Startup businesses and ideas
Horizons has partnered with Slingshot to deliver a 12-week accelerator program designed to build and refine sustainable investible businesses.
If you’re selected into the program in just 12 weeks, Slingshot will help you to validate your business model, confirm you are developing a product or service customers want, build a minimum viable product (MVP) and demonstrate progress to advisors and investors.
The 12-week intensive curriculum covers:
- Business modelling
- Traction and customer insights
- Branding and marketing
- Financial modelling
- Pitch coaching
- Raising capital
All content will be delivered by the Program Manager and Entrepreneur in Residence, supported by leading content mentors who are experts in their fields. To mark the formal end of the program, you will participate in a Demo Day to demonstrate your progress to potential investors and partners.
WHAT DO WE GET?
- Selected participants receive up to $130,000 of investment and the opportunity to secure next round investment from Horizons, the Slingshot Venture Fund and our investment partners (see investment terms)
- 12-week structured program, led by industry experts, designed to get you investor ready
- An additional 12-week incubation program for selected teams
- Work with the Horizons and Slingshot teams to secure a potential deal
- Mentoring from industry experts, matched to you and your needs
- Influential partner and champion backing
- Access to a pool of investors
- Invitation to community events
- Branding and marketing support
- Legal and financial advice from Slingshot
- Inclusion in Horizons Accelerator media and events
WHAT ARE THE INVESTMENT TERMS?
Slingshot will provide an initial upfront investment of $30,000 for 10% equity for select Startups.
Follow on from Slingshot
Unlike other programs, the Horizons program offers the potential for a further $100,000 of follow-on funding from the Slingshot Venture Fund. To access this funding, you will need to receive follow-on investment from three or more investors. Importantly, the follow-on funding is at a valuation set by your Startup with no discount.
Follow on from Horizons
Horizons Premium Partners may look to invest in select businesses after the completion of the accelerator. Any investment by Premium Partners is at a 25% discount to your valuation (if within 18 months of joining the program).